"Fashions fade, but style is eternal." - Yves Saint Laurent

You know what else is eternal? Tile. So let's make it "stylish", why don't we?







Thursday, January 5, 2012

What have I gotten myself into?

So, as a career tile sales rep, former interior designer, and lover of all things fashion & interior design related, particularly tile, I am hoping to reconcile all three of my loves into this blog.  Of course there will be plenty of shameless self-promotion, by showcasing some of the wonderful, beautiful, and fashionable tiles that my employer, RBC Tile & Stone, promotes!  (Such as the BEAUTIFUL image above, from the stunningly amazing manufacturer Artistic Stone, done for Elle Decor)

But my main goal with this blog is to help get people inspired, and the design juices flowing!  After doing some poking around & research, it is amazing to me how interrelated color & fashion trends are with interior design & architecture, and how easy it is to find inspiration in all of them!  Fashion can so often influence the shaping of an interior space, architecture the lines of a new fashion trend, and with all of the design opportunity the world of tile has, it can easily create spaces that reflect any sort of fashion imagineable! So here is my spot to put down all of those inspiring ideas, and my attempt, although I'm sure it may be feeble at times, to organize them.

Therefore, fans of spatial design, fashion and particularly tile, stay tuned!  My intent is for this blog to serve you as another (hopefully helpful!) resource in your creative endeavors. :)